Cree Summer is one of those people that you will not find missing from any list that ranks best voice actresses in Hollywood. Also a singer and actress, Summer began her career in 1983 and has since then appeared in hundreds of animated films, animated series, live-action films, and video games. More so, she has a number of musical albums.
Cree Summer Biography
The American-Canadian actress was born Cree Summer Francks on July 7, 1969, in Los Angeles, California. It was, however, in the Red Pheasant Reserve in Saskatchewan, Canada that she was brought up by her parents; Don Francks, a Canadian actor and musician, and Lili Clark, a dancer, and actress.
Raised alongside her brother, actor, and singer Rainbow Sun Francks, who was born 10 years after her, Summer did not go to school early as she spent most of her time in the reservation with her parents where she grew up singing and dancing. Interestingly enough, it is reported that she had never seen TV until she was around 8 years of age. When the family finally moved to the city when she was around 9, she attended public school.
Fitting in school was very hard for Summer because she had never been to school before and had never been exposed to such activities. Because of this, she decided to quit her education when she was only 16. At the time, she had her own car and all she did with her friends was to go on adventures.
Cree began her acting career in 1983 when she got a role in Inspector Gadget as Penny. Her voice was so unique that in no time, she was able to land roles in everything from films to TV series and even video games. She voiced the character of Orange Blossom in Strawberry Shortcake and the Baby Without a Name (1984), Hecate in Hellboy: Blood and Iron (2007), and Cheetah in Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League – Attack of the Legion of Doom (2015).
Some series that she became a part of are Star Wars: Droids & Ewoks from 1986 to 1987, The Incredible Hulk (1997), and Guardians of the Galaxy (2015). On the video gaming front, she appeared in games like Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster and the Beanstalk (1996), X-Men Legends (2004), and Lego DC Super-Villains (2018).
In as much as Cree Summer has not revealed so much about her relationship, it is known that she is married to Angelo Pullen. It is not known when exactly they got married but the two have been together for many years now.
According to his LinkedIn, Angelo Pullen works in finance, marketing and digital. He is the co-founder of 3BLACKDOT which is an entertainment company in Los Angeles. The couple is blessed with three children; Miles Summer-Pullen, who was born in 1998, Brave Littlewing Pullens, born in 2011, and Hero Peregrine Pullens, born in 2013.
Net Worth and Other Facts
1. Having spent more than three decades acting, singing, and getting involved in other things, Cree Summer has been able to amass a net worth of $4 million.
2. Before her parents met, her father was first married to Nancy Sue Johnson with whom he had two children before the union ended in divorce. He then went on to meet his new wife, Lili Clark, when he was filming Finian’s Rainbow.
3. Her parents were adopted into a tribe she referred to as the Plains Cree Indians which is where she believed her name came from.
4. Summer describes herself as interracial. While her mother is African American, she stated that she was not sure if her father had German roots which she suspected based on his name, Francks.
5. As a singer, Summer served as the lead vocalist of the band, Subject to Change, which was formed in 1991. The band released only one album in 1993 titled Womb Amnesia. As a solo artist, she released the album Street Faërie in 1999.
6. After dropping out of school at the age of 16, Cree Summer revealed that she spent a lot of time smoking marijuana while also dreaming of where she wanted to be and the things she hopes to achieve.
7. Although she may look a little tall, Summer only has a height of 5 feet 3 inches (1.6 m).