Collins Tuohy is a successful businesswoman, social media influencer, and humanitarian popularly known as the sister of NFL player, Micheal Oher. The two are more than just siblings; they share a cordial relationship and are best of friends.
Tuohy is credited for playing influential roles in the life of her brother, whose life story inspired the production of the Hollywood blockbuster The Blind Side, which chronicles how Michael was raised in a poverty-stricken family by his habitual offender father and drug addict mother. The biographical sports drama film also featured how the NFL star survived by feeding on leftovers at school as a homeless teen before Collins’ parents picked him up and became his legal guardians. Let’s get to know more about the entrepreneur.
Collins Tuohy – Bio
Collins’ parents gave birth to her in Memphis Tennessee on 29th December 1986. She was raised in the city alongside her younger brother, Sean Tuohy Jr., a prominent journalist, football star, and scholar who studied at Loyola University Maryland and also featured as a guard for the institution’s basketball team. Collin is the daughter of the accomplished interior designer Leigh Anne and sports commentator and former basketball player, Sean Tuohy.
Michael Oher’s sister received her high school education at the prestigious Briarcrest Christian School Memphis, where she won many hearts with her athletic skills and academic records. Upon graduating, she was admitted to study Broadcast Journalism at the University of Mississippi, where she was appointed into several envious positions such as the president of the university’s student alumni council.
Collins Tuohy was born and raised in a comfortable home. So, its no surprise that she is already a successful American personality, having begun her journey to greatness at a very young age and with the support of her family who owns several restaurants across the United States.
From her wealth of business channels (including her lifestyle blog) and roles in several projects, Collins has been able to amass a reasonable net worth estimated at $2 million.
2016 was the year Collins Tuohy legally became the wife of Cannon Smith, a native of Tennessee. The pair dated for many years before they eventually decided to seal their love for each other in the presence of their families and friends. Collins and Cannon had a beautiful two-day wedding ceremony in the city of Memphis, Tennessee, precisely at the Memphis Hunt and Polo Club, which is not far from the block they spent their childhood.
According to sources, the businesswoman and her sweetheart started dating when she was just eighteen years old after hooking up at a party. Collins Tuohy’s husband banks as a businessman, producer, and actor. Cannon is the son of the chairman, CEO, and founder, of the courier company FedEx, Frederick Wallace Smith and a graduate of the University of Memphis as well.
There are no reports indicating Tuohy and her husband have given birth to any child. The two currently live in Memphis, Tennessee.
Facts About Michael Oher’s Sister
1. The name of Collins Tuohy’s blog is Collins Closet (collinsclosets.com). Launched in the year 2016, the site basically features contents revolving around fashion, travel, and lifestyle.
2. As a social media sensation, Oher’s sister has a massive following on her pages especially on Instagram where she sells her craft as well.
3. Her adoptive brother, Michael was originally named Michael Jerome Williams Jr. after his birth on 29th May 1986 in Memphis, Tennessee. The names of his biological parents are Michael Jerome Williams (father) and Denise Oher (mother).
4. Her family has a foundation in the United States called Making It Happen Foundation. The organization was established with the aim of transforming the lives of young people.
5. Collins Tuohy is one of the founders of Whimsy Cookie Company which is located in Memphis. The firm deals on tasty cookies which are available in stores across America.
6. Her parents’ restaurants are franchises of notable chains PizzaHut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC, and Taco Bell.
7. Although Smith’s wife earns a living from doing so many things, she is easily recognized as a public speaker.
8. Tuohy’s laudable kindness and that of her family was portrayed in the book The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game. Written by Michael Lewis and published in the year 2006, the book is today, a New York Times bestseller.
9. Collins Tuohy and Michael do not only share a mutual love for sports, but they are also age mates.