Stardom. Spotlight. Fame. Money. Glam lifestyle. As with almost every young people, and indeed everyone, there is a desire to be famous, be in the spotlight and under the cameras, with millions of fans around the globe following your social media accounts and hanging onto to your every move.
Take a step back for a moment and imagine that you actually have been blessed with the talent to captivate audiences, viewers, and the watching globe, and from a very young age, already living the dream. But somehow, along the way, a decision is taken to end that journey and quit being in the spotlight. Either way, that is exactly what happened to child actress, Brittany Ashton Holmes as she ditched the movies for a shot at a normal life.
Brittany was born on Monday, February 27 the year, 1989. She was born in California, United States of America. As with regards to her parents, who they are and what occupation they were and are involved in, she has not shared much on that front.
Also, a bit of a blur is details into her family history, who her siblings are and her early childhood days. What we do actually know, however, is that whatever name she might have made for herself and been able to so endear herself to millions, all these she accomplished before she was even ten years old. Just imagine if she had decided to go on.
The movie that brought Brittany to the limelight was Little Rascals, produced by Universal Pictures. The movie went on to become a box office hit grossing $63.7 million. The cast of the movie included: Bug Hall, Travis Tedford, Kevin Jamal Woods, Blake Jeremy Collins, Jordan Warkol, Zachary Mabry, Ross Elliot Bagley, Courtland Mead, Sam Saletta, Blake McIver Ewing, Juliette Brewer, Heather Karasek and current US President Donald Trump.
Lesser Known Facts About Brittany Ashton Holmes
1. Some acts out in the world today may take a few cracks at the showbiz industry before they are able to hit it big but not for Brittany Ashton Holmes. She, with her very first movie, was able to make herself a household name. The movie was the “The Little Rascals” in 1994 where Brittany was cast in the role of Darla.
2. Many talented actors and actresses and those who are not that talented come and go as far as time keeps ticking. Not many of them get the chance to be recognized for what they have ended up dedicating their lives to. In the case of Brittany Ashton Holmes Biography, however, the movie The Little Rascals was a powerful hit, linking the real-life Brittany to the fictional Darla synonymously. She was awarded “The Young Artist” for “Best Performance by a Young Ensemble” in a motion picture.
Brittany was cast alongside Bug Hall who played the role of Alfalfa. Unlike most other members of the cast, Bug has continued to appear in movies ever since, he has had roles in shows like Charmed, The OC, CSI: Miami, 90210 and Nikita. Bug also starred in the series Harley and the Davidsons, a historical series about motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson.
3. Maybe you think retirement should be reserved for the aged and elderly, Brittany retired from acting in 1996 after being at the center stage of theatrical life. This she did with the vision and dream of leading a normal life and it seems to be that she is doing exactly that by studying for a degree in Political science.
4. As it is with most celebrities that have been thrust into the spotlight by reason of their being talented, there is a lot of clamor for who may or may not have been in their lives. It is no different with Brittany Ashton as many want to know who “Little Darla” has in her life in a romantic sense. However, there is not much to say as to who she might be dating as she likes to keep her private life that way, private.
5. Brittany in her short career was cast in four movies, between when she was just five years old to seven years of age. Many would consider that as a feat. It’s a shame she didn’t choose to last long.