Brian Shaw is a renowned professional strongman competitor who has written his name in our memories by emerging as the strongest man in the world 4 times in the past. Apart from that, Shaw has also won a good number of competitions which have gotten for the big man, a large fan base who are always seeking to know more about him.
Brian Shaw’s Biography
On February 26, 1982, Brian was born in Fort Lupton, Colorado, where he was raised by his parents, Jay and Bonnie Shaw alongside two younger siblings, Kevin and Julie.
While growing up, Shawn had always been a big guy, just as he had always been an athlete with basketball as his target. He chose the sport as he sought to follow in the footsteps of one of his uncles who was a basketball coach. He went on to play basketball as a student of the Fort Lupton High School and through the sport, he was granted scholarship to attend the Otero Junior College as well as Black Hills State University from where he would come to graduate with a Wellness Management degree.
Instead of looking to go professional in basketball, Brian shifted his attention as soon as he was through with college to working on strength building. By the time he was set for his first appearance in the strongest man contest in 2005, he was yet to have any real training, still, he emerged winner of the Denver Strongest Man contest. He then decided to take up greater challenges and compete in bigger competitions.
From then on, Brian Shaw would go on to win many titles including the All-American Strongman Challenge in 2009, six Strongman Super Series, and 3 Arnold Strongman Classic. What would get his name even stronger out there were the victories that saw him become the World’s Strongest Man 4 times between 2011 and 2016. In 2017 and 2018, he ended in the third spot, while he was the second in 2010 and 4th in 2012, marking his worst performance till date since his debut appearance.
With no information about him dating many women in the past, he is married to Keri Shaw. What makes the love story between the two very interesting as many cannot guess is that they were introduced to each other by their mutual friends and only 4 months into dating, they were engaged. Less than a year down the line, they had become man and wife, in 2015. Thus far, their union has been blessed with two kids, Braxton and Kellen.
Shaw’s wife is like him in many ways than one as she is also into fitness and has a good height, measuring 5 feet 11 inches. Keri Shaw is also a math teacher, while also running the Fit Mommy Academy.
Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
Becoming the strongest man in the world is not a thing one can achieve without having a well-built body. That indeed is the testament Brian Shaw tells with his very generous height and a build that can best be described as towering. In numbers, he records a towering height of 6 feet 8 inches. The only thing that beats his height is his weight which is placed at between 180 and 200 kg (400–440 lb).
As regards his body measurements, the 4-time world strongest man has a chest that measures 152.4 cm (60 inches) and biceps of 58.4 cm (23 inches). The shoe size he wears is 16 and his t-shirt is 5XL in size.
- With no doubt, one of the largest athletes in the world, Shaw eats every two-and-a-half hours a day and his meal is always between 12 and 16 ounces.
- In 2012, the year he emerged 4th in the World’s Strongest Man contest as well as the Arnold Strongman Classic, he tore his biceps but rather than calling it quits like many others would normally do, he finished the contest.
- He has also had a role to play in the 2017 movie, Kickboxer: Retaliation. For now, it is not known whether he will take part in some more movies in the future.
- In a huge contrast to the picture he paints with his stature, it has been revealed that Brian is very humble and kind.
- He also has YouTube channel, Shawstrength which he began in 2008. With close to 10 million views already acquired, the channel has close to 200 thousand subscribers.
- He doesn’t see himself retiring anytime soon because he is still having fun at it. But then, he has revealed that when he stops having fun and when he is not sure he can compete, that is when he will think about retiring.