Not a day will pass in American football without mention being made of Peyton Manning. He is an accomplished American footballer with two Super Bowl wins; many collective and individual awards to show just how good he is on the pitch and while off the pitch his personal life is as well, prosperous, having won perpetually the love of Ashley Thompson Manning, his ever-supportive and doting wife both on and off the field of play.
But who really is Ashley Thompson Manning? We are set to find out here the good about her and the not so good which borders on the controversy which she was recently linked to. As expected, it has been denied by her husband. You will also come across a lot of interesting facts about her hitherto unknown to you, so read on.
Background Information On Ashley Thompson Manning
Ashley was born and named Louisa Ashley Thompson on December 2nd, 1980, to Bill and Marsha Thompson in Memphis, Tennessee as one of four children. Her siblings include her elder sister Allison, her younger brother Will and sister Leigh. Their father was an investment banker and a commercial real estate developer while his wife looked after the kids at home.
She studied finance and marketing at the University of Virginia and graduated with a degree in 1997. All through her schooling days, she stood out as a bright student and actively participated in cultural and fundraising campaigns which were organized by her school whenever there was a need for such. This was in her college days.
With her innate marketing skills, she worked for many charity campaigns and even subscribed membership to the Ascensus Society, Girl Scout Cookie Program and had managed to win several Cookie Rewards in a row. At a time, she was honoured for collecting the most amounts in a charitable fundraising campaign which she returned everything without withholding any.
After graduating in 1997, she launched her career by venturing into real estate development and the years have seen her business continue to flourish with plans of opening new branches in more cities.
Relationship With Peyton: 5 Facts You Must Know
1. First Meeting: the two lovers were introduced to each other. Ashley was introduced to her husband by her parents next door neighbour in 1993 before her freshman year at the university. The two caught an instant liking to each other and became college lovers. By 17 March 2001 in Memphis, they did the right thing by tying the nuptial cord.
2. Parents to Twins: the marriage between them has seen to the birth of a lovely set of twins. Ashley gave birth to twins — son Marshall Williams and daughter Mosley Thompson on March 31, 2011. The dad and mum of the twins value their right to privacy a lot and have decided not to make their twins the topic of celebrity news or gossip.
3. Encouragement: at the time Peyton was playing for Indianapolis Colts, he had several neck injuries which warranted to his going under the knife. At a time, he considered quitting the sports as he doubted if he could ever be strong enough again for games.
It was Ashley Thompson Manning who encouraged him to try more and not to quit. Peyton was encouraged by this and gradually he got back to playing.
Other than being supportive and encouraging her husband to play football, Ashley’s interest weren’t limited to football alone as she joined a group of investors which included Justin Timberlake, Penny Hardway and Harold Ford Jr., former congressman to own a minority stake in Memphis Grizzlies basketball team.
4. Drug Use: The celebrity parents, Peyton, in particular, was reported to be involved in drugs according to a report aired by Al Jazeera. The report claimed that Peyton was using illegal performance-enhancing drugs during the time he played for the Colts, a substance he ships with Ashley’s name so there will b no trace of it to him.
He denied using such substances and when the report was aired, Ashley came forward to show documents that she was actually the one using the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) drugs and not her husband as claimed by Al Jazeera.
5. Cheating Rumours: Following the drug use accusation levelled on the Mannings, rumours that emanated from unreliable online sources had it that Peyton was actually cheating on Ashley and that their marriage was speedily headed for the rocks. However, the rumours met its quick death when the couple were severally spotted together in public events they get invited to.
Peyton Manning has retired from playing football due to health challenges and this decision of his to retire was encouraged much by his wife again and this has since then proven to be a wise decision.