A list of German actresses currently making waves in Hollywood isn’t complete without the mention of Antje Traue. The actress best known for her role in the 2013 sci-fi action movie Man of Steel, is highly revered by fans and movie lovers alike for her sheer professionalism and ability to depict whatever role she is being billed to portray with ease and perfection. Besides being a talented and hardworking professional, the actress is also known for her incredibly sexy looks and confident demeanor.
Still interested in getting to know more about Antje as it pertains to her bio, career and several other interesting facts? Stay on this page.
Antje Traue’s Bio
Antje Traue was born on January 18, 1981, in Mittweida, Karl-Marx-Stadt, East Germany. She is of German nationality and white ethnicity. Growing up, she was raised by her mother who was a dancer and a musician, sadly, she passed away when Traue was 19. As a kid, Traue nursed dreams of being an artistic gymnast and as such, she enrolled in an elite training unit at the age of 6 and continued training up until her teens.
Her interest in acting began during her time in high school, following her role as Jeanne d’Arc, after which she became poised about what she wanted to become in life – a professional actress. The year 1997 can be said to be an important one in the life of Antje Traue as it was the year she won the lead role in the inaugural edition of Hip Hopera (organized by the international Munich Art Lab) after which she toured and performed in several theatres around Europe and the USA, thus, making her very popular in her home country Germany.
In 2003, she hit the big screen for the first time, thanks to her role as Franziska Teenstätten in the movie Die Nacht davor. The following year, she starred in yet another movie titled Kleinruppin Forever with her playing the role of Ramona. While her popularity in Germany kept increasing, Traue had her eyes set on venturing into Hollywood but had to wait for the right opportunity. She eventually made her Hollywood debut in 2009 following her role as Nadia in the film Pandorum. Although critical reception of the movie wasn’t all that great, Traue managed to impress, paving the way for more roles in her career.
Her big break eventually came in 2013 when she was cast to play the character of Faora – a Zod loyalist and commander of the Kryptonian army in the DC superhero flick Man of Steel. The movie which became an instant hit upon its release propelled Traue to a whole new level of stardom. Ever since then, she has gone on to feature in a long list of hit movies and TV shows such as Outlier, Seventh Son, Despite the Falling Snow, Close to the Enemy, Oasis, Bye Bye Germany and most recently, Dark.
6 Things To Know About The Man Of Steel Actress
Here are 6 things to know about Antje Traue
- Prior to the shooting of Man of Steel, Traue underwent rigorous fitness training and dieting for several months so as to be in perfect shape to play Faora.
- Antje Traue is very fluent in German, Russian and English. This has contributed immensely to her career development.
- The German actress stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches and has a weight of 56Kg. There is currently no information as regards her chest, hip or waist size. Her most distinctive body feature, however, is her large blue eyes and high cheekbones.
- The 38-year-old actress has a net worth estimated to be at about $3 million, the bulk of which she earned from her impressive acting career. Her salary is however unknown.
- During an interview, she once revealed the real reason why she quit gymnastics was because she had a terrible fall. She tried venturing into music but couldn’t play the instruments because of her tiny hands.
- As a teenager, Traue once made a pact to quit acting and take up a regular job if she doesn’t become famous before the age of 30.