You’ll certainly agree with me that Willie Nelson, the husband of Annie D’Angelo, was one of the prolific music hitmakers to have existed on earth, especially in the mid-1960s – unless you are not a big fan of country music. But even at that, you must come across many of his books which are an embodiment of his real-life experiences and philosophies.
A great and humble music icon who absolutely left an indelible mark on music fans, Willie Nelson, however, wasn’t fortunate in marriage as he ended up tying the knot three good times. It was after his third marriage crashed that he got married to Annie D’Angelo, who meteorically rose to prominence because of her relationship with the music star.
Annie D’ Angelo Biography
As earlier mentioned, D’Angelo owes her rise to fame to her husband. She was a commoner whose personal details were/are currently not known to the media or available online.
Nevertheless, we believe she completed her elementary, high school and college education. Though there’s no information about her ancestry, family members, siblings, relations, educational background and what not, the smiles and light she brought into the icon’s life show clearly that she’s a woman of influence and substance.
Her Family, Married, Husband, Children
It’s very safe to say that Annie D’Angelo is Willie Nelson’s perfect match. After three failed marriages, Annie turned out to be the only woman who was able to greatly impact on the country music star’s love life and career.
Annie, a professional movie makeup artist first met her husband in 1986 while she was making up StageCoach actors and actresses. After dating for a couple of years, Annie and Wilie finally got married on September 16, 1991, in Nashville, Tennessee.
Their marriage was blessed with two sons – Lukas Autry Willie Nelson and Jacob Micah Willie Nelson. Annie D’Angelo is also a stepmother to Willie’s five other children who came from his previous relationships.
Nelson’s first marriage was to Martha Matthews in 1952. After ten years of staying together and raising three children (Lana, Susie and Willie “Billy” Hugh, Jr. Billy ) together, Martha and Wille decided to end their crisis-torn marriage.
Nelson went ahead to marriage Shirey Collie in 1963. But their marriage only lasted for eight years. This was after Shirey found out that Wille secretly fathered a baby girl (Paula Carlene Nelson) with Connie Koepke. Collie came to know about her husband love child after she saw a hospital bill bearing Nelson and Koepke’s names.
After separating from Shirey in 1971, the “Love You Always” hitmaker married Connie Koepke in the same. They welcomed another baby girl (Amy Lee Nelson) together before calling it quits in 1988.
The legendary “On the Road Again” hitmaker then got married to Ann Marie D’Angelo (aka Annie) in 1991 and had two lovely sons with her. All through Wille’s troubled times, health challenges, and multiple arrests, Annie was there for him.
Born on April 29, 1933, Nelson and his sweetheart recently celebrated their glamorous 25th wedding anniversary. From what we saw at the star-studded ceremony, Annie D’ Angelo is excited about her marriage despite the vast age difference between her and her much older husband.
Facts About Annie D’Angelo
- Annie D’Angelo and her family are currently living in their Hawaiian home located in Maui.
- Her husband, whose name is almost synonymous with country music, has a famous guitar called Trigger, which he named after Roy Rogers’ horse.
- Unlike her husband who’s an accomplished writer, Annie D’Angelo has never written a book.
- Also, her net worth is not known. But her husband, Willie Nelson has an estimated net worth of $15 million.
- Annie D’Angelo’s husband is best described as an ‘all-rounder’. In addition to music, he’s a poet, actor, songwriter, and renowned activist.
- A devoted wife, Annie is said to be the lifeline behind her husband’s healthy living. She often encourages Willie to swim, ride a bike, and embark on other healthy exercises.
- She has helped her husband severally in footing his bills and sponsoring other financial tasks.
- Annie D’Angelo’s husband has a marijuana company. It was recently reported that the company raised a whopping $12 million for expansion into new markets.