Anna Diop belongs to the pack of African-American celebrities who are currently blazing the trail in the Los Angles-based larger-than-life entertainment hub, Hollywood. Though she spent part of her formative years in Senegal, she later earned American citizenship after moving to the States with her family at the age of six. As she came of age, she went on to pursue a career in the movie industry.
It was in 2006 that Diop made her TV debut in the American period sitcom, Everybody Hates Chris. Narrated by Chris Rock and composed by Marcus Miller, Anna played the role of Diedra in the series which revolves around the teenage experiences of elite comedian/actor/writer/director/producer Chris Rock. Other notable actors who shared screentime with Anna include Tyler James Williams, Terry Crews, Imani Hakim, Tichina Arnold, and Vincent Martella.
Her Biography (Age)
The actress was born to Senegalese parents on the 6th of February 1988, in Dakar, the capital of Senegal. She belongs to Afro-American ethnicity and holds American citizenship as well. Details about Anna’s educational achievements are currently missing on the map but it is believed that she completed all the basic levels of education.
As stated earlier, the Dakar native bagged her first on-screen role in the year 2006. She developed a keen interest in acting after coming across a script abandoned by a family friend. During that time, the actress was not conversant with the English language but she eventually honed her proficiency in the language after she severally watched the ABC sitcom, Three’s Company. Following a brilliant debut, Anna Diop began to score more acting gigs in the movie world, including minor and guest-starring roles.
After many outstanding stints, the talented actress eventually earned her big break starring in the role of Rose Arvale in the series The Messengers and as Nicole Carter in 24: Legacy. Her popularity soared the more in 2018 when she played a major role as Starfire (Koriand’r) in the critically acclaimed TV series, Titans. To her credit, Diop’s career timeline also boasts completed Hollywood projects such as The Keeping Hours (2018), Greenleaf (2016), Lincoln Heights (2007), Whitney (2011), Southland (2012), The Moments (2013), and many more works.
Anna Diop’s Family
Anna’s online profile contains little information about her family. What we know so far is that she migrated with her parents and sibling whom she grew up with in Houston, Texas, in the United States of America at the age of six. The names of her parents, their occupation, and other details about her family background are yet to be disclosed to the public. However, we learned that the name of her only brother is Kareem but we can’t really comment about his personal life; if he is Anna’s senior or junior, and what he is up to at the moment because of his sister’s decision to keep information about her family under wraps. Nevertheless, it seems the Everybody Hates Chris actress is blessed with a supportive family who appreciates her Hollywood career.
Anna Diop is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 61 kilograms. Her hip-waist-bra measurements are 34-25-34 inches respectively and her dress and shoe sizes are 2 and 8.5 in the given order. The Dakar-born screen actress sports black hair and dark brown eyes.
Other Facts About The Actress
1. The actress’s full name is Mame-Anna Diop.
2. There is no doubt that Diop has made a mark for herself in the movie industry. Her works are highly appreciated by critics and she is showing no sign of slowing down. Anna has a lot to accomplish in the future as she stands a chance of replacing many old bones in Hollywood. The Titans screen star reportedly earns an average salary of $ 50,529, but she is yet to disclose the exact figure of her salary as well as her net worth.
3. Celebrities are usually assumed to be single until they publicly confirm their relationship status. If you’re wondering if the actress is married, single, or engaged, we’ve got the answer. Anna could be possibly single as it is not known if she has a secret boyfriend or not. Being an individual who cherishes her privacy, she has never given us the impression that she is in a relationship with a guy neither has she introduced any guy to her fans as her boyfriend. Nevertheless, we learned that Anna Diop had a horrible break-up with her boyfriend in the past which she described as the “most difficult phase” of her life. However, the actress declined to reveal the name of her ex-boyfriend and how long they dated.
4. Diop took up lessons in Muay Thai for two years. Muay Thai is a combat sport that is similar to kickboxing and Tae Kwon Do.
5. Her favorite food is Pizza.
6. Besides acting, she is into charity as well. Anna Diop works with the American Institute for the Prevention of Blindness and is particularly interested in rendering assistance to charity homes that take care of disadvantaged children. She also supports Hippo Life, a non-profit organization that backs up art in inner-city schools.
7. She is active on Twitter and Instagram, where she has a huge following.