Andrew Dice Clay is one of America’s prolific celebrities who makes a reasonable sum of money through acting and comedy in the entertainment industry.
Clay began his career in Hollywood in 1978 as a stand-up comedian. His career breakthrough, however, came in 1988 when he performed in the presence of Hollywood bigshots at all-male Big Brother Association (BBA) dinner event. He was further launched into national spotlight after his seven-minute performance in New York City in 1988. Clay also performed at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards
As an actor, he has appeared in over notable 50 films. His first film role was in Wacko, in 1981. Other notable films he appeared in include, An Evening at the Improv (1981), Charlie Barnett’s Terms of Enrollment (1986), M*A*S*H (1982), Diff’rent Strokes (1982–1983), Making the Grade Dice (1984), Night Patrol Tony (1984), Andrew Dice Clay: One Night with Dice (1986), Dirty Dirty Jokes (1984), Tosh.0 (2013), Entourage (2015), Vinyl (2016) Dice (2016–2017), A Star Is Born (2018), and many others.
The Blue Jasmine actor was born as Andrew Clay Silverstein, on September 29, 1957, in Brooklyn, New York, in the United States of America. He was raised in a Jewish family in Brooklyn. His parents are Jacqueline Silverstein (mother) and Fred Silverstein, a New York real estate agent and boxer.
Andrew has an older sister called Natalie Michael. He attended James Madison High School, in New York City, New York and later pursued higher education but dropped out to focus on his career. Clay began showcasing his talent at age 5 when he would perform in the presence of his family members.
Andrew Dice Clay Wife and Sons
The controversial actor has been married thrice. His first failed marriage was to Kathleen Swanson in 1984, four years after they met for the first time. The Blue Jasmine actor and Kathleen divorced in 1986, just two years after they tied the knot in the presence of their family members and loved ones.
Dice Clay began dating Kathleen Monica shortly after he separated from Swanson. They finally got married in 1992 and had two sons – Maxwell Lee Silverstein and Dillon Scott Silverstein – together. The couple divorced in 2002, after 10 years of staying together as husband and wife.
The foul-mouthed comedian’s last marriage was to Valerie Vasquez, an American pornographic actress. Valerie and the hunky actor got married on February 14, 2010, in Las Vegas and separated on March 18, 2014.
Andrew’s sons, Max and Dylan Silverstein, are already following in his footstep in acting and comedy. Born in 1990, Max is best known for roles in Andrew Dice Clay: Indestructible (2012), Mic Whore (2014), and Entourage (2004) while Dylan (born in 1994) is an actor and a manager.
Andrew Dice Clay has had a slew of unsteady and insecure relationships with several women in the past. Some of the famous women he had relations with in the past are Sandy Shore, Victoria Jackson, Terri Garber, and Eleanor Kerrigan.
His relationship with Victoria (a comedienne and actress) began in 1987 and ended after a short time. The same applies to his relationships with Terri Garber and Eleanor Kerrigan – they were fairly short-lived, having begun in 1996 and 2003, respectively.
At the moment, he is not in any known relationship. Ever since he separated from his third wife in 2014, he has not been linked to any girl and has never been seen having an intimate moment with any woman.
Height – How Tall Is He?
Andrew Dice Clay’s height is 5 feet 11 inches tall, which is 181 centimeters in metric units.
Quick Facts about the Actor
1. The comedian’s nicknames are Dice and The Diceman.
2. He was awarded the Golden Raspberry Awards in 1992 for playing himself in the comedy double album Dice Rule.
3. Besides comedy and acting, Andrew is also a good drummer. In his younger days, he used to play the drums in the Catskill Mountains, a mountain range located in southeastern New York, in the 1970s.
4. He currently lives in the United States.
5. He holds an American Nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity.
6. Andrew Dice Clay is Jewish.
7. His fortune is valued at $10 million.
8. The actor’s zodiac sign is Libra.
9. Although Dice and Valerie Vasquez are officially divorced, the two are still in a romantic relationship.
10. The Brooklyn-born comedian is an advocate of marijuana.
11. He was rated as the 14th worst stand-up comedian in 2011 in Complex Magazine’s “The 15 Worst Stand-Up Comedians”.
12. The foul-mouthed comedian was banned for life by MTV and many TV stations for using a repulsive language during a live broadcast of a music awards. He was the first and only person to have been banned by the American cable and satellite television channel although the ban was later lifted in 2011.
13. Dice’s longest relationship lasted for 10 years. It was with his second wife Kathleen Monica.
15. Clay was named as Comedy Act of the Year by readers of Performance magazine in 1989.
16. His debut comedy album, Dice, was released in March 1989.