Best known for her versatile talent, Alicia Witt is undoubtedly one of the smartest actresses in the movie industry with so many years of experience under her belt.
A former child actress, she launched her acting career in 1980 but made her debut in 1984, with the movie, Dune, at the age of 8. Witt played the fictional character of Alia Atreides, the younger sister of Paul Atreides and the daughter of Duke Leto Atreides of Caladan and Lady Jessica, Leto’s Bene Gesserit concubine.
She is also known to have appeared in blockbuster films and television shows like Fun, Urban Legend (1998), The Walking Dead, Last Holiday (2006), Vanilla Sky (2001), Friday Night Lights, Justified, 88 Minutes (2007) and a host of other movies and TV series.
Witt’s work involves theatre work, as well. She has performed several roles on stage, having made her debut in 2001 at the iconic Tiffany Theater in Los Angeles. Some of the theatrical works she featured in include The Gift, The Shape of Things (2004), Reasons To Be Pretty, which she performed at the Geffen Playhouse, and in the musical Piano/Forte, which she performed at the Royal Court Theatre in September 2006.
Besides her stints in front of the camera, the actress also walks the runway for firms and organizations. One of her outstanding modeling gigs came in 2009 when she modeled the world’s most expensive hat valued at $2.7 million – The Chapeau d’Amour (the hat of love) – which was inspired by bluebells and ivy and designed by Louis Mariette in 2004.
Alicia Witt’s Biography (Age)
Alicia Witt’s full name is Alicia Roanne Witt. She was born on August 21, 1975, in Worcester, Massachusetts. Her parents, Diane Witt and Robert Witt, were a teacher and a photographer respectively. She has a younger brother called Ian Witt, who is also an actor.
Alicia began developing a strong passion for music and acting at a very tender age. Described as a child prodigy, she began talking at the age of two and reading at four. It was shortly after she turned five that she was discovered by iconic film director David Lynch who heard Witt reciting Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet at age five on the TV show That’s Incredible! She began working under him and would later broaden her horizon in the entertainment industry.
The cute and adorable star studied piano at Boston University, from where she began competing in national music competitions.
Is she Married? Who is her Husband?
At the moment, there are conflicting reports about Alicia’s marital status. While some sources report that she got married to investment banker Greg Watson in 2005 and that the couple has two lovely children whose names are Luke Watson (born on 20 January 2006) and Emma Grace (born 21 months later), others claim she is currently single, following a divorce from her former husband of three years – Nathan Foulger.
Nathan and Alicia reportedly got married in 2003 and separated in 2006 and ever since then, she has not found love again.
A look at her relationship timeline shows she has been in a couple of relationships, as it is common with most beautiful celebrities. Some of the men she had previously dated include; Michael Badger (they went their separate ways in 2004), Peter Krause (they began dating in 1998 and separated a year later), and musician Ben Folds (from 2012 to 2014).
Other Facts You Need To Know about the Actress
1. Alicia Witt competed on the wheel of fortune in 1990.
2. She launched her eponymous Extended Play (EP) in 2009 and later, the full-length Live in 2012, at Rockwood.
3. In 2013, Witt and her then-boyfriend Ben Folds performed a song for the 1971 satirical comedy movie Cold Turkey.
4. She also performed several songs during the season 4 of the 2012 American television series – Nashville.
5. The Dune actress is an American by nationality and belongs to the Polish, Irish, French-Canadian, Italian, and English ancestry.
6. Witt’s has an estimated net worth of $50 million. Further details about her salary and earnings from her modeling career and other endorsements are currently unavailable.
7. She is not gay neither does she have any romantic interest in her own gender.
8. In addition to acting and modeling, Alicia also banks as a songwriter, pianist, and singer.
9. She is 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm) tall and weighs 59kg. Her body measurements are 33-24-35 inches.