Alicia Acuna is a well-known name in the world of journalism as she has spent more than two decades building a successful career in the field. She is best known for her work on FOX News, where she serves a broadcast journalist and general assignment reporter operating out of their Denver bureau. Her news segment is highly rated among the channel’s viewers and they tend to tune in regularly to hear her reel out the current affairs and matters arising during the day. Through sheer hard work and determination, Alicia has worked her way from the ground up to the upper echelons of news reportage and anchoring. She is a shining testament to the fact that it pays to follow your dreams passionately.
Asides from her long-service to her profession, Alicia has also excelled in her other institutions. She is also a doting wife and mother, and she manages to balances these various aspects of her life perfectly. Over the course of her career, she has covered a myriad of stories including the 2013 tornado that occurred in Moore, Oklahoma and the devastation it left in its wake.
Alicia Acuna – Bio
The year this renowned journalist was born is unknown, as Alicia is reluctant about revealing such a private detail about herself, but she does celebrate her birthday on May 27th every year. She was raised in Whittier, California and in the southern regions of Arizona. Her parents identify as Chicano, and she is a third generation Mexican-American. Her father and mother split up when she was 13, and her father relocated to San Diego, California, which meant that Alicia had to split her time between them, She stayed with her mom in Tucson, where she attended Tucson High Magnet School, and she traveled to be with her father whenever she was on holidays.
After completing high school in 1988, Alicia enrolled at Northern Arizona University, proceeding to earn a degree in journalism and broadcasting. Her interest in the news industry didn’t really take hold until she saw an audition flyer for the school’s campus television station called U-TV. She decided to give it a shot, and she landed the job. She continued working with the station right up till she graduated. Moving on, she applied for an International Radio and Television society fellowship and was accepted. She also got into an internship program at CBS News national headquarters in New York City.
Alicia Acuna went on to get an assignment desk position at NBC, where she worked as a task manager. She would later join Fox News but prior to that, the journalist served as a reporter and anchor at KSEE-TV, located in Fresno California. From what we have been able to gather, she also worked in the same capacity at KGET-TV, also in California.
The journalism community began to take notice of her in 1997; that was after she emerged as the first runner up for the AFTRA columnist of the year honor. It was also the year she joined FOX News Channel to serve as a general assignment reporter and, it didn’t take her long to become one of the media outlet’s strongest reporting talents.
Unsurprisingly, people have been curious about the extent of the wealth that Alicia Acuna has been able to accumulate from her career. While it’s pretty obvious that she is well remunerated, the total value of her net worth is not known to the public.
Facts About Fox News’ Courageous Journalist
1. If you wondering why many regard her as a brave journalist, it’s probably because of her live coverage of the tornadoes that rocked Moore, a city in Cleveland County, Oklahoma, in 2013.
2. Alicia Acuna is happily married to her longtime partner, Brian Daniel Boyd. The details about how they met, when they began dating, or even when they headed for the altar have not been shared with the public as the couple prefers to keep such information private. However, the newswoman and her husband appear to be loving every minute of their married life and they seemingly have no intention of splitting up soon.
3. The reputable journalist is a loving mother of two beautiful children whom she shares with her husband, Brian. Her first child was born on April 14, 2014, and they named her Sofia. The couple welcomed their second child, a boy they named Mario on September 6, 2016. The family is a tight-knit bunch and Alicia enjoys taking trips with her husband and children.
4. Alicia’s husband is a cancer survivor. As of May 5, 2019, he has been living without the disease for ten years. She stood by him while he battled and overcame the illness in 2009, and every year, she celebrates that victory.
5. She loves serving as a mentor and role model to aspiring journalists, and she’s ever ready to offer advice and guidance to those who seek her out.