The name Alexandra Marie Llewellyn is usually not mentioned without some reference to bestselling military novelist, Tom Clancy her late husband. Regardless of this fact, she has built her own portfolio over the years and has established herself as a notable journalist. Indeed, Alexandra has excelled in both the media and as an entrepreneur.
As a fashion figure, she has her own line of accessories reportedly established to aid her philanthropic activities. Llewellyn lost her husband in 2013 and since then has worked hard to keep his legacy. Find out more about the media personality and entrepreneur here.
Alexandra Marie Llewellyn’s Bio
We do not have the exact day and month, but we do know that she was born in 1967 in New York. Alexandra has always been business inclined and started from a young age to walk that path. After high school, she attended Bradford college and bagged a business degree from the school. She then went on to explore the world of business on different platforms.
Alexandra Marie Llewellyn met her late husband in 1997 through a family friend. Despite their wide age gap, the two fell in love and began dating. After only two years of knowing each other, Alexandra and Tom Clancy tied the knot on June 29, 1999. The wedding took place at St. Thomas Episcopal Church. Alexandra was 21 and Tom was 53 stirring mixed reactions among the public and of course the media. But the happy couple turned deaf ears to the differing opinions and set out to build their life together.
Moving to their mansion in Maryland they lived a private life away from the prying eyes of the media. However, in October 2013, Alexandra Marie Llewellyn lost her husband Tom Clancy to the cold hands of death. Clancy reportedly suffered a heart disease which eventually claimed his life that year. This caused excruciating pain to Clancy’s widow; she least expected it to happen at the time it did. But as time went on she learned to live with it and moved on with her life.
Family: Parents And Siblings
The business icon is a half-sister to Jaylaan Ahmad-Llewellyn, her father’s daughter from his previous marriage. Alexandra was born into an affluent family. Her parents; Jacqueline Brown her mother and J Bruce Llewellyn her father, were notable personalities in business. Bruce, her father was the CEO of Philadelphia Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Llewellyn also worked as a director for the same company. He headed a federal agency known as Overseas Private Investment Corporation.
With these designations, Alexandra’s father was placed on a reputable pedestal in his active days and also made sure to secure a bright future for his daughter. Llewellyn’s mother did not dwell underground; she was popularly known as an assistant fire commissioner of New York City. She held this prestigious post for a period of four years.
An unfortunate event befell the Llewellyn’s in 2010 when they lost their father and husband. Bruce kicked the bucket that year leaving the family with a million-dollar worth property which they greatly benefitted from later on.
Other Facts To Know About Alexandra Marie Llewellyn
- Together, Alexandra and Tom Clancy had a daughter named Alexis.
- Alexandra Marie Llewellyn who is also business savvy later went into fashion and established her own line of accessories.
- The brand has made waves in the fashion space through different products ranging from classy handbags to shoes.
- Alexandra is very close to her mother and describes her as her biggest inspiration. Since her father’s death, the two have held each other’s back through life’s hurdles. Reports have it that it was her mother who motivated her to launch her own fashion line.
- The wife of the late author invests her time and money in philanthropy. Reports have it that she uses a greater part of the proceeds from her fashion line for philanthropy.
- While tying the knot with Tom Clancy was Alexandra Marie Llewellyn’s first marriage experience, it was not the same for the late author.
- Before Marie, Clancy was previously married to an eye surgeon named Wanda Thomas. The couple got married in 1969 and had four children. However after almost 30 years together, they went their separate ways having concluded their divorce process in 1999, the same year Clancy married Alexandra.