The stunning Alex Holley is an award-winning television host who has created a niche for herself in the American journalism field. Despite being a young black woman, she has been able to accomplish a feat many journalist might never attain all through their career. Alex is quite good at what she does and her different accolades are evident testimonies. She presently hosts the Good Day Philadephia morning show alongside Mike Jerrick.
Alex Holley – Bio (Age)
She was born Alexandrya Holley in Irving, Texas on the 4th of May 1985. She grew up with the hope of being an actress while picking up a job as a waitress on the side. Her parents, on the other hand, wanted her to be a pilot or an astronaut. As an only child of Glenn Holley and Sharyn Holley, Alex grew up with the love and support of her parents. Her mother even left her 28 years career to spend her last high school year with her. She was the Director of Human Resource with American Airlines in 2006.
Alex’s parents attest to the fact that she was very outgoing and outspoken as a child but they weren’t sure what to make of it. Alex Holley admits falling in love with broadcasting while she was in high school. Her first taste was as the daily announcer for her high school football team. She came up with creative skits to get the students hyped up for football games. She admits thinking to herself ‘I can do this for a living’.
In 2007, Alex enrolled at the University of Missouri, Columbia where she studied Journalism with double minors in Sociology and Spanish. In 2009, she began to work as a reporter, anchor and also producer at KOMU-TV Columbia, Missouri. Alex then went ahead to work as a morning anchor and reporter with WMBF-TV in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina reporting various live stories.
In 2014, Alex Holley landed a coveted position on the Good Day Philadelphia show with Fox 29. After she joined Jerrick on the Good Day Philadelphia, it took a while for the fans of the program to like her and their major complaint was that she was too young. She, in turn, set out to know the city and made the city know and love her. She admits sometimes going to two events in a day just to make people know her. It was from her constant outings that she got the idea to begin a weekly segment titled Alex Around Town where she reports from cool spots and places in town.
Alex has grown in her capacity as a co-anchor and even takes the lead when her partner is absent. She recently had a family reunion with her parents making guest appearance on the show.
Amongst all of this, Alex Holley serves as an anchor for ‘Newsy.com’ – an innovative news website. Alex was nominated for an Emmy in 2016 and she claims that it means she speaks for 4 hours nonstop every day.
What Is Alex Holley’s Net Worth?
Alex has had an eventful career. Her co-host Mike Jerrick describes her as funny, smart, clever and hard-working. This hard work is what has helped her garner a net worth of over $1 million.
Facts About The TV Anchor
1. The stunning Alex Holley has been voted Homecoming Queen twice once is High School and the other in College.
2. Alex is quiet active on social media and has credited it as one of the crucial reasons why her career is successful. She has a huge following on Facebook and Instagram, She uses these platforms to connect with her viewers.
3. While in college, Alex helped create a community service program for her and fellow student. The program – SWIPES Make a Difference is geared towards encouraging students to donate their unused meal plans to people in need in their local communities.
4. Traveling is one of Alex’s hobbies. She has traveled to over 11 countries and believes that her exposure to the globe has made her versatile and enriched her perspective and views in her discussions.
5. Around August 2018, Alex Holley had to take time off work to rest her voice according to her doctor’s recommendation. Apparently, her work was beginning to take a toll on her vocal cords.