Born with a silver spoon, Akash Ambani is best known as the first son of the richest Indian, Mukesh Ambani – the man who owns Reliance Industries. The son of the billionaire is known to have bagged a B.sc in Economics from the prestigious Brown University in the United States and presently, he is the Chief of Strategy for Reliance Jio.
Moreso, the dashing Akash is the husband of Shloka Mehta, whose father Russell Mehta, is the CEO of Rosy Blue Diamonds. With all these affluence surrounding the young man, he is definitely on his way to greatness. Let’s fill you in on his bio, marital details and other facts in this piece.
Akash Ambani’s Biography (Age)
Akash Ambani was born on the 23rd of October 1991 and was given the full birth name of Akash Mukesh Ambani. His birthplace is the boisterous city of Mumbai, India, and his parents are Mukesh and Nita Ambani. His family is known to be a very wealthy one and his father, Mukesh Ambani holds the title as the most affluent Indian. His father heads their family business, Reliance Industries and his investments spread across various sectors of the economy. Moreso, Akash’s mum, Nita, is not left out in the picture, she pioneered the commencement of Reliance Foundation which she currently runs.
The son of the Indian billionaire had his basic education at Campion School located in Mumbai but later transferred to Dhirubhai Ambani International School, which is one of his family’s investments headed by his mum. Akash Ambani later left India for the United States where he enrolled into Brown University to study Economics. Upon his graduation, he became a part of his family’s business and holds the position of Chief of Strategy in Reliance Jio, a mobile operating company in India.
His Wife – Shloka Mehta
For a guy like Akash Ambani, it will be common to see ladies all over him as he is not only rich but also a dashing young man. However, he has not been a Casanova as he has only been linked to one woman and that is his wife, Shloka Mehta. The pair attended Dhirubhai Ambani International School and it was in 12th grade that Akash initially proposed to Shloka and she accepted. They even went on to inform their parents about their love affair and they approved of it, thus, the lovebirds started counting down to their wedding date.
Shloka had her college education at New Princeton University in New Jersey and irrespective of the distance between them, as Akash was in Brown University, Rhode Island, they managed to maintain a steady relationship. It is also interesting to know that Shloka is from a very rich family as her father Russell Mehta is listed as the richest diamantaire in India and he is the owner of Rosy Blue Diamonds.
Akash and Shloka officially got engaged in May 2018 and about a year later, the pair had a Hindu wedding ceremony conducted on the 9th of March 2019. The event was a very elaborate one, having in attendance, the crème de la crème from all spheres of life. The newlyweds are currently enjoying a blissful married life, as well as thriving careers. Shloka is an active member of Rosy Blue, as well as the head of Rosy Foundation, an NGO that distributes food items to the less privileged.
Other Facts About Akash Ambani
- Right from his childhood, Akash was drawn to sports and top on his list is cricket.
- The celebrity son of the richest Indian enjoys the English Premier League and he is a fan of Arsenal.
- Akash Ambani has not always been a guy with good looks as he is known to have battled obesity like his brother Anant Ambani.
- His wife Shloka who has her birthdate recorded as July 1990 is a few months older than Akash whose birth date is October 1991.
- He has a twin sister named Isha Ambani, who is also an active member of Reliance Industries.
- Akash Ambani revealed that he had no idea of his family’s legacy up until he got to the United States and read a Forbes publication where he saw his father’s name listed among the wealthiest people in the world.
- His father currently has a net worth of a whopping $50 billion.