Abby Hornacek was born into a family that is inclined to sports; her father Jeff Hornacek is currently a coach in the National Basketball Association and he equally played in the league as a shooting guard from 1986 through 2000. Jeff’s career successes as a sportsman did well to rub off on his kids. Abby has not only participated in sports but she has gone on to be involved in it on a whole new level for the family as a sports journalist.
The paragraphs below contain pieces of information which you never knew about her.
Abby Hornacek – Bio, Age
Abby Hornacek is Jeff Hornacek’s daughter, she was born on the 25th day of April 1994 in Paradise, Arizona in the United States of America. Her mother is Stacey Hornaeck and she has two brothers named Ryan Hornacek and Tyler Hornacek. Being born into a family where sports runs in the blood, Abby has had her own fair share of involvement with sports. She played golf and softball as a kid and as she got older, she began trying out volleyball. Ms. Hornacek was a star court game player while in high school, she did well to continue with the game in college.
During her stay in Xavier College Preparatory, which is a Catholic, all-female private high school located in Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Abby played as a setter in her school volleyball team and was quite an indispensable team member. They won the Class 5A Division I state title in her first three years with the team. In addition, they also won the 2012 state title 8-0. Her stats as a senior in her school’s volleyball team in the 2011-2012 season were 376 kills, 286 digs with 85 aces and 234 assists.
Prior to her graduation from Xavier College Prep, Abby Hornacek initially committed to play indoor volleyball at the University of Kansas, but she later decided that the University of Southern California (USC) was a better place for her. There, she played beach volleyball with her varsity team for one season.
Abby studied broadcast journalism as her major with a minor in sports media. During her time in the college, she was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority which notably did volunteer work for the homeless. Abby Hornacek got an early exposure on television with a student-run TV station known as Trojan Vision Television as an anchor/producer. She however briefly quit working in this TV station following her decision to begin playing for her university’s volleyball team in May 2012.
Nevertheless, Abby made a comeback to broadcasting after a short time of being away. She joined another student to run the news programme called Annenberg TV News in August 2013. It was Abby’s work here that enabled her to gain a lot of practical experience as a reporter. This subsequently opened a door for her to intern with Fox Sports San Diego as a production intern beginning in January 2014.
Within 4 months of working as an intern, Abby became the network’s feature host, reporter and co-hosted shows like the weekly night show San Diego Prep Insider and Phoenix Suns Mock Draft. Her time as a feature reporter with Fox Sports coincided with the time her father served as coach of Phoenix Suns. In addition to working with Fox Sports as a sideline reporter, Abby Hornacek also contributed to ESPN.
Following her graduation in 2016, Abby covered Drone Racing League for 2 years prior to working as a host and co-producer on the programme The Unicorn on Bloomberg TV. In January 2019, she began working with Fox News on a programme titled Fox Nation: In Depth, The journalist made her debut in the show on February 3, 2019, at the Super Bowl LIII Halftime broadcast.
Height and Facts About Jeff Hornacek’s Daughter
- The journalist is the only girl among the 3 children in her family of 5.
- She is of Czech descent and holds an American nationality.
- Being a volleyball player which involves lots of jumping and covering the unguarded ground so that an opponent’s bump shot won’t hit the ground in your own half of the court, Abby Hornacek no doubt put in a lot of work to be good at this game. Her height of 5 feet 10 inches and weight of 58kg was apt enough to enable her to deliver on the court while she played.
- Hornacek’s other body measurements are her bust which measures 35 inches, waist that measure 24 inches and her 36 inches hips. She has a slim body build which fits perfectly in US dress size 6 while her feet are clad in shoes that measure size 9 (US).
- Abby Hornacek’s brother Tyler played with USC men’s volleyball team from 2010-2012.
- Aside from putting her sports talent to good use both as a volleyball player and now as a sports reporter, Abby in the past did something different from sports and was quite successful at it. She contested in the 2014 Miss Arizona USA Pageant and emerged third runner-up in the competition.
- As a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, Abby was the Apparel Chairwoman, Preference Day Chair, in addition to being on the New Member Committee in 2014.