If you are a fan of movies, we can bet you wouldn’t want to miss out on the latest trends in movies. While it could be quite embarrassing to be in a place where movies are being discussed and you don’t have any contribution to make, it is rather interesting to be at the centre of discussions with regards to movies. Beyond knowing just the names of your favourite actors, actresses, and directors, it will also be interesting to remember the most interesting movie scenes and tag lines. That being said, we have taken time out to gather interesting movie questions and their answers.
If you are looking for the best movie questions and their answers, then you are at the right place. From comedy movies to action movies to horror movies, find all the fun questions about your favourite movies and their answers below.
General Movie Questions and Their Answers
1. For which movie did Tom Hanks earn his third Oscars nomination in 1996?
Answer: Apollo 13
2. What is the name of Han Solo’s ship?
Answer: Millennium Falcon
3. What David Lunch movie did a few scenes from Bobby Vinton’s life story?
Answer: Blue Velvet
4. Which war film won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2009?
Answer: The Hurt Locker
5. Which actor starred in the 1961 movie, The Hustler?
Answer: Paul Newman
6. Which movie features Bruce Willis as John McClane, a New York police officer, taking on a gang of criminals in a Los Angeles skyscraper on Christmas Eve?
Answer: Die Hard
7. What is the name of the hobbit played by Elijah Wood in the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
Answer: Frodo Baggins
8. What colour were the slippers in the original Wizard of Oz?
9. Who was the director of the movie Four Weddings and a Funeral?
Answer: Mike Newell
10. Which actress played the role of Sarah Connor in Terminator?
Answer: Linda Hamilton
11. Which English actor won the 2014 Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in The Theory of Everything?
Answer: Eddie Redmayne
12. Who played Jack Dawson in the 1997 epic thriller, Titanic?
Answer: Leonardo DiCaprio
13. What U.S. magazine declared Star Wars “the best movie of the year” in its May 30, 1977 issue?
Answer: Time Magazine
14. Who was the first African-American actor to win the Academy Award for Best Actor?
Answer: Sidney Poitier for his role in Lillies of the Field in 1963.
15. Who was the first feline featured in Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous?
Answer: Morris the Cat
16. In which year were the Academy Awards (Oscars) first presented?
17. What does AT-AT stand for in the Star Wars series?
Answer: All Terrain-Armored Transport
18. What martial artist warbles the theme song for Walker, Texas Ranger?
Answer: Chuck Norris
19. Which singer starred 1n’ “The Bodyguard”?
Answer: Whitney Huston
20. Which actor Sylvester has the nickname Sly
Answer: Sylvester Stallone
More General Movie Questions and Answers
21. Which actress Keaton starred in “Father of the Bride II”?
Answer: Diane Keaton
22. Which pair of real-life brothers (including first names) play the titular roles in The Fabulous Baker Boys (1989)? And what is the name of the alluring singer for whom they both fall, played by Michelle Pfeiffer?
Answer: Jeff Bridges and Beau Bridges; Susie Diamond
23. A Bronx Tale (1993) was the directorial debut of which Hollywood star?
Answer: Robert De Niro
24. Who won an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of American activist Malcolm X?
Answer: Denzel Washington
25. In which language was Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ﬁlmed?
Answer: Mandarin Chinese
26. Which Welsh actor starred with Jodie Foster in “The Silence of the Lambs”?
Answer: Anthony Hopkins
27. Who plays corrupt sheriff Hank Quinlan in Orson Welles’s Touch of Evil (1958)?
Answer: Welles plays himself
28. ln 1999 Gwyneth Paltrow won an Academy Award in a role in Shakespeare in Love that demanded she spent much of the ﬁlm pretending to be a man; who replicated this feat the following year, and in which ﬁlm?
Answer: Hilary Swank; in Boys Don’t Cry
29. What is the famous weapon used by Jedi Knights in Star Wars series?
Answer: Light Saber
30. Which Jedi Knight becomes Darth Vader in Star Wars?
Answer: Anakin Skywalker
31. From which kingdom do frozen girls belong to in the animated movie Frozen?
32. Which 1997 science fiction movie starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones tells the story of a secret agency that polices alien refugees who are living on earth disguised as humans?
Answer: Men in Black
33. Which actress played the character of The Acid Queen in Tommy?
Answer: Tina Turner
34. In Italian translation who is Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang?
Answer: James Bond
35. Who played the role of James Bonds secretary?
Answer: Loelia Ponsonby
36. What actress in the film Goldfinger was painted gold?
Answer: Shirley Eaton
37. What was David Leans first film?
Answer: Oliver Twist
38. What movie is based on the book “ A Prayer for Owen Meany”?
Answer: Simon Birch (1998)
39. Who played Percy Jones in Guess Who?
Answer: Bernie Mac
40. What year was the first “Nightmare on Elm Street” movie released?
41. Which character in A Christmas Story gets his tongue stuck in a flagpole?
Answer: Flick (played by Scott Schwartz) in the 1983 Christmas film, A Christmas Story
42. How many characters did Eddie Murphy play in the movie “Coming to America”?
Answer: 4 (Clarence the Barber; Prince Akeem Joffer; the Jewish Rocky Marciano fan, Saul; and the sexual chocolate frontman, Randy Watson)
43. What is the setting of the movie “Mamma Mia”?
44. What does the ATM say to Patrick Bateman in the movie “American Psycho”?
Answer: feed me a stray cat
Horror Movie Questions and Their Answers
45. The Movie “When a Stranger Calls” is based on which urban legend?
Answer: The Babysitter and the Stranger Upstairs
46. Don Siegel in 1956 and Philip Kaufman in 1976 directed two versions of which classic horror movie?
Answer: Body Snatchers
47. In what movie did Jack Nicholson play Jack Torrance?
Answer: The Shinning
48. Who directed the low-budget horror classic The Evil Dead in 1981? What was the name of the main protagonist played by Bruce Campbell?
Answer: Sam Raimi; Ash
49. In the movie “Child’s Play,” what was Chuckie?
Answer: A Good Guy’s Doll
50. Who was the first to play Dracula in the movies?
Answer: Bela Lugosi
51. Which 1974 Tobe Hooper slasher movie had to wait twenty-five years to get a rating from the British Board of Film Classification?
Answer: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
52. Deborah Kerr is a governess who looks after two monstrous children, Flora and Miles in a disturbing 1960 creepy classic; Jack Clayton directs- what’s the movie?
Answer: The Innocents
53. What was the first movie to earn the Academy Award for Best Makeup?
Answer: An American Werewolf in London (1981).
54. What was Hideo Nakata’s 1998 horror classic, remade by Gore Verbinski in 2002?
Answer: Ringu (The Ring)
55. In the movie “Carrie,” how did Carrie kill her mother?
Answer: Carrie uses her powers to knife her to death
56. What was Elsa Lanchester’s most famous role, in a James Whale directed film of 1935?
Answer: Bride of Frankenstein
57. What was the original working title of the 1988 film, Child’s Play?
Answer: Blood Buddy
58. Which later-to-be-very-famous New Zealand director made 1992 gross-out horror-comedy Braindead?
Answer: Peter Jackson
59. In the movie Deep Blue Sea, how many sharks were killed?
Answer: Three Sharks and they are killed in the same manner.
60. What was Tomas Alfredson’s 2008 film, a bleak contemporary account of a vampire’s existence set in a small town in Sweden?
Answer: Let the Right One In
61. What was the name of the possessed girl, played by Linda Blair in the Exorcist?
62. Which film features Joe Turkel as Lloyd, a polite but sinister barman, and Lisa and Louise Burns as the young Grady Twins?
Answer: The Shining
63. Who was the first victim of the psychotic killer in Halloween?
Answer: His older sister Judith, killed in a flashback at the beginning of the movie
64. What was Kathrin Bigelow’s 1987 cult movie about a blood-drinking family traveling across America?
Answer: Near Dark
Sci-Fi Movie Questions and Their Answers
65. One of the all-time cutest aliens has to be the furry tribble. In what space movie does a dead tribble help save Captain Kirk’s life?
Answer: Star Trek Into Darkness
66. Who stars in the 1976 film “The Man Who Fell to Earth”?
Answer: David Bowie
67. What is the name of the villain in the first Superman movie (1980) played by Gene Hackman?
Answer: Lex Luthor
68. The Villains in the 2007 version of the movie “Transformers” are known as what?
69. Who made the 1989 underwater sci-fi thriller The Abyss?
Answer: James Cameron
70. What 1968 sci-fi movie made by Stanley Kubrick is the first to be taken seriously by critics and movie-goers alike?
Answer: 2001: A Space Odyssey
71. Who directed the 1987 movie, Spaceballs?
Answer: Mel Brooks
72. In the 1951 movie “The Day The Earth Stood Still,” which US city did the alien spaceship land in?
Answer: Washington D. C.
73. Serve the trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law. whose mantra?
74. Who played Oracle in “The Matrix”?
Answer: Gloria Foster
75. Who played The Invisible Man in James Whale’s 1993 film? And on whose story was the film based?
Answer: Claude Rains; the story is based on H.G. Wells 1897 science fiction novel
76. Who directed the 1986 movie “Aliens”?
Answer: James Cameron
77. In 2005, both Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson revisited classic sci-fi stories for the major movies; what were the two movies?
Answer: War of Worlds (Steven Spielberg) and King Kong (Peter Jackson)
78. In “The Matrix,” which character says “Neo, no one has ever done anything like this”?
79. What is the name of the 2005 hit movie “The Exorcism of…”?
Answer: Emily Rose
80. What is Mad Max’s surname? And who leads the gang that kills his family?
Answer: Rockatansky; Toecutter gang
81. What classic sci-fi movie involves the invention of a beautiful robot by a scientist called Rotwang?
Answer: Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (1927)
82. Who remade Solaris in 2002 and who took the lead role? Which Russian director made the original movie thirty years earlier?
Answer: Steven Soderbergh remade the movie in 20002 while it stars George Clooney; Andrei Tarkovsky made the original in 1972.
83. What was the 1982 film starring Jeff Bridges as a computer software engineer battling to escape from being trapped inside his own program?
84. In which 2001 movie did Tim Roth play the character of General Thade?
Answer: Planet of the Apes
Comedy Movie Questions and Their Answers
85. Where do the island scenes in the 2002 movie “Punch Drunk Love” take place?
86. What are the full titles of the three Austin Powers movies? Who played both Powers and his nemesis, Dr. Evil? Who appeared as Dr. Evil’s son, Scott?
Answer: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me and Austin Powers in Goldmember, Mike Myers; Seth Green
87. How many different hairstyles did Reese Witherspoon sport in “Legally Blonde”?
88. God Bless America was a 2012 movie made by which comic film-maker and actor? In which movie franchise did he make his name?
Answer: Bobcat Goldthwait; Police Academy
89. What actor played Alex “Hitch” Hitchens in “Hitch”?
Answer: Will Smith
90. Who directed the movie, “Do the Right Thing”?
Answer: Spike Lee
91. Who plays the body-swap mother and daughter in Freaky Friday (2003)?
Answer: Jaime Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan
92. If Sharon Stone betrayed an amnesiac Arnold Swarzenneger in Paul Verhoeven’s 1990 version, who betrayed in 2012 version under Len Wiseman’s direction?
Answer: Kate Beckinsale played Colln Farrel’s false wife in 2012 version of Total Recall
93. In the 1978 movie “Animal House,” who played Omega pledge Chip Diller?
Answer: Kevin Bacon
94. What movie is Cady Heron from?
Answer: Mean Girls
95. Which comic book hero provided a big break for Mexican director Guillermo del Toro in 2004? What was the subtitle of the follow-up, released in 2008?
Answer: Hellboy; Hellboy 2: The Golden Army was the full title of the sequel
96. Kareem Abdul-Jabaar features as a co-pilot in the hit 1980 comedy Airplane! For what was he better known?
Answer: As a basketball superstar in the NBA
97. What film did Jessica Tandy win an Oscar for in 1989?
Answer: Driving Miss Daisy
98. In the 2007 movie, “I Think I Love My Wife,” what actress played Chris Rock’s wife, Brenda?
Answer: Gina Torres
99. In what movie did Jennifer Aniston’s boss ask her to wear 37 pieces of flair?
Answer: Office Space
100. In “Wedding Crashers,” what does Will Ferrell’s character crash?
101. In what movie does the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man begin destroying New York City?
102. Where do Tom and Hannah first meet in “Made of Honor”?
103. Who played Roller Girl in “Boogie Nights”?
Answer: Heather Graham
104. In what film did Spike Lee play Mookie?
Answer: Do the Right Thing