Chances are, if he’s a Franco we just love him. So its no shocker that we are more than pumped to be checking him out, even though it’s going to be all about James Franco’s height and other statistics. It should be common knowledge by now that the topic does not stop us from giving you some cool facts about the celeb in question.
- He was born James Edward Franco on 19 April 1978 in Palo Alto, California, USA, to Betsy Franco, a writer as well as an actress and the late Douglas Eugene “Doug” Franco who ran a Silicon Valley business.
- He has two brothers who are also into showbiz; Tom is an actor and an artist while Dave is an actor.
- After one year as an undergraduate at UCLA, Franco dropped out to pursue acting; which he actually took up to overcome his shyness. It’s been highly publicized that Franco has since graduated, acquired several degrees, and is now a PhD candidate at Yale.
- Franco always wanted to be an actor but he was afraid of all the initial rejection, so it was a bold step for him to drop out, it was also a big responsibility as he had to support himself by working a night shift at McDonalds.
- One of his early successes came when played the recurring role of Franco on General Hospital in 2009. Betsy Franco, his real-life mother, played his character’s mother in the soap, too.
- He is popularly known for his one sided smile, his tendency to play characters with a disturbing past and his knacker for playing real life characters.
- In 2013 he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it’s amazing because he was just 34.
Before we get too carried out with all the fun facts, let’s get started on those statistics beginning with James Franco’s height.
James Franco’s Height
You have to admit that he’s one of those guys that appears taller in his movies than he is in real life, the oldest Franco brother is 5 feet 10 inches tall. He’s well above the average American male’s height but some people would like to differ.
There are those who claim that James is a ‘wee’ bit shorter than he claims to be and they have even gone as far as to guess his actual height, here’s what a fan/hater had to say about James Franco’s height.
‘ I met Franco years ago and I remember he was surprisingly a lot shorter than I expected. I’m 5’5″, he wasn’t much taller than me. It was so much of a shock that his height was the first thing my friend and I commented on after Franco left. 5’10” in his dreams, but it’s hard to say how tall. His whole frame was smaller I would have thought too.’
It’s either someone is lying or… well some one else is lying, till then we will just stick to his listed height. Here are the names of a few celebrities who stand as tall as the actor in question. Johny Depp, Harry Styles and Matt Damon all share James Franco’s height.
James Franco’s Weight
The star currently weighs 76 kg, but like a majority of our Hollywood stars out there he loses and adds weight to suit his on screen role. He is probably best known for his role in Spiderman, but the movie that by far put his body on the spot is Annapolis.
He really had to go out of his way to get his body in shape to play the role of Jake Huard, a young man who dreams of one day attending the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. In order to get that rocking body, he had to do a whole different type of work out.
He had to learn how to box, here is what the celebrity himself had to say about the experience, ‘ Boxing involves completely different muscles and a lot more endurance than sword fighting, which I quickly realized.’ He scaled through and much to his trainers surprise, he did an extraordinary job.
His trainer was quite impressed, ‘Right from the beginning James Franco worked harder than any fighter I’ve worked with, he worked just like a champion and he picked it up, man, he really picked it up!’
James Franco’s Body Measurements
In addition to James Franco’s height and weight, here is a straightforward summary of all his body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Weight: 76 kg
Chest Size: 42 inches
Biceps Size: 14 inches
Waist: 31 inches
Feet/ Shoe: US 10, Euro 43, UK 9.5