For some, the Christmas of 2016 was an awesome, for George Michael fans on the other hand, it was a gloomy day. The artist died at home due to heart failure, but rather than dwell on this today, we are going to check out George Michael’s height, weight and body measurements. Before we do that though, let’s find out a bit more about the artist himself.
- He was born Giorgios Kyriacos Panayiotou on June 25, 1963. George’s father was born Kyriacos Panayiotou of Greek Cypriot descent, but when he moved to England in the 1950s he changed his name to Jack Panos, his mother on the other hand, the late Lesley Angold was an English woman.
- His father was a restaurateur while his mother was a dancer.
- He had quite a successful run as a musician, during his career, he won 21 music awards from a grand total of 49 nominations.
- It is ironic and strangely fitting that the artist died on Christmas day as Christmas was his favorite holiday.
- Lots of stars started from the bottom with all sorts of odd jobs before they made it big, at least Michael’s own was music inclined. He was a DJ for a while before he became a full blown musician.
- He was one half of the 1980’s duo Wham and they were quite successful in their day too. The star, alongside Andrew Ridgeley, had four #1 hits in the British singles chart.
- Most times getting a solo career started can be a bit shaky, but this bad boy found his footing very easily as his first solo album was very successful.
- Michael has paired up with a couple of musicians in his days, but his most epic duet by far is his song, I Knew You Were Waiting, with Arethra Franklin.
- When he was 19 years old, the star revealed to Andrew Ridgeley and close friends that he was bisexual, but he did not want it out in the open because he did not want it to upset his mother.
- Though the artist died in 2016, that was not his first brush with the grim reaper; he almost died from pneumonia in 2011 and he once accidentally fell out of a car travelling on the M1 motorway… in the end it was his heart that gave way.
He was iconic as they come and as much as we would love to delve more into the artist’s life, it’s time to check out the topic at hand beginning with George Michael’s height.
George Michael’s Height
Here’s the story behind George Michael’s height, the star sort of shrunk over the years. At the onset and peak of his career, his listed height was 6 foot 1, but towards the years that officially led to his demise, he was more on the side of 5 feet 11 inches tall. There are several explanations to back him up besides old age, the star did state in a interview that he had 2 vertebrae removed due to a chronic back problem.
A few people would agree that the star stood at 5 foot 11 sometime before his death, but some other people would argue that he looked shorter than that perhaps more on the side of 5 foot 10 since he was known to wear thick heeled / bottomed shoes. Either way, we are going to go with his listed height of 5 feet 11 inches.
Here is a list of other notable celebrities who stand just as tall as the artist. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe and Orlando Bloom all share George Michael’s height.
George Michael’s Weight
George Michael’s death is not the only thing that is making headlines since it happened, the fact that he put on some extra pounds towards the end has been trending just as much. The star was almost unrecognizable some time before his death and as a result of this he was recluse and kept to himself a whole lot.
His last picture was taken at a restaurant close to his Oxfordshire home, according to The Sun, a local resident Malcolm Allport, 80, said, ‘ He had a housekeeper who used to come up, but the house was shut up a lot of the time.’
The village pub owner added, ‘ We have not seen him for a while, he had changed over the years, got a lot bigger and wore glasses. He was very self-conscious. He just did not look like George Michael any more. It’s very sad.’ He was a far throw from the George Michael who was a sex symbol back in the day. His listed weight is 72 kilograms.
George Michael’s Body Measurements
In addition to George Michael’s height and weight, here is a summary of the star’s body measurements.
Height: 5 feet 11 inches
Weight: 72 Kilograms
Chest Size: 42 inches
Biceps Size: 14 inches
Waist Size: 33 inches
Shoe Size: Undisclosed